Pancakes, lovely mini round cakes known and eaten across the world in different shapes, forms and flavours.
Believe it or not, pancakes are very popular in many Latin American countries. In this pancake recipe we wanted to give them an extra touch of sweetness by adding the classic tres leches mix used in the beloved tres leches cake.
Prep Time | 15 minutes plus 20 minutes rest time for the batter
Cooking Time | 20 minutes
Difficulty | Easy
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
Tres leches mix
½ can (200g) condensed milk
½ can (205ml) evaporated milk
½ cup whipping cream
2 tbsp butter
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Put the butter with the milk and microwave 2 minutes until the butter melts.
- Pour the butter and milk onto the dry ingredients and mix, add the egg and continue mixing until you get a smooth batter.
- Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- While the pancake batter is resting mix the condensed milk, evaporated milk and whipping cream in a small jug.
- In a frying pan on medium-low heat, heat a small knob of butter. Pour in a couple of spoonfuls of the mix.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface (3 mins approximately). Turn and cook for an extra 3 minutes.
- Repeat the cooking process until you finish the batter.
Stack the pancakes on a plate and pour the tres leches mix over them. Top your pancakes with roughly chopped canned peaches and whipped cream.